I jumped ship from Tumblr and this is where I landed. I'm a philosophy postdoc (INTJ, she/her) with a serious thing for Tom Hiddleston as Loki. Sometimes I even write fanfiction about it. Mostly Loki and Thor/Loki (sometimes NSFW), some miscellaneous Hiddles, MCU (Steve/Tony or "Superhusbands" is my secondary ship), occasional Cherik, Game of Thrones, LOTR, Whedonverse... whatever catches my fancy, really.
Avengers: Nebula (You all know she deserves to kill him)
Avengers: Crying and depressed superheros
Avengers: Thank god for Scott Lang
Avengers: Hawkeye spotted
Avengers: for real, fuck Grimace
Avengers: Contracts’ end
Avengers: help us, Carol Danvers and 90s technology, you’re our only hope
Avengers: Clint goes goth
Avengers: Hot Tub Time Machine
Avengers: just at the moment I think I’ve successfully emotionally detached from this hell they give me Tony, hopeless and dying in his sexy tanktop with the battered remains of his helmet sitting there as a metaphor for EVERYTHING, and I’m an emotional mess again
Avengers: Emotional Blackmail
Avengers: Where the fuck is Loki?
Avengers: Who the fuck is Loki?
Avengers: Why the fuck is Loki?
Avengers: Why do you stupid fangirls still care about that pretentious ponce when we are giving you all these patriarchy-approved Macho Macho Men to swoon over? Look, they’re even shedding manly tears of sensitivity, just for you
@philosopherking1887 I almost blocked you with a kneejerk click before I even read your post in full. Damn your manly tears. I used to like Tony, you know? A couple of years ago I’d had lapped this trailer up. Now I honestly don’t give a fuck.
C’mon, you know me better than that. I (used to) love Tony, too, but he’s gotten sucked into the vortex of self-important mediocrity that is the Markus & McFeely/Russo Brothers collaborations.
1. Which Hogwarts house are you? Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Slytherclaw?
4. Favourite character and why? I think Hermione used to be my favorite character because she was me, and now McGonagall is my favorite character because she is me. Plus
7. Favourite book and why? Prisoner of Azkaban, for a variety of reasons. It’s a good length; it provides a genuine connection with an older generation and starts showing adults who are neither evil nor saintly, but flawed and human; it involves a time travel story that doesn’t make any of the more obvious mistakes (though don’t think about it *too* hard); its ending involves a partial, inconclusive victory over a messier assortment of villains. My next favorite is Half-Blood Prince, for similar reasons.
12. Thoughts on Severus Snape? He’s complicated and I feel bad for him. I don’t like the way that “friendzone” discourse has made the ranks of The Woke reluctant to sympathize with characters who have a bad case of unrequited love and don’t handle it very well.
24. How do you feel about Cursed Child? Uh… I read it once and I don’t remember much about it. I think it was kind of interesting but also kind of far-fetched?